Curriculum vitae of Julius Kewir TANGKA Ph.D (Energy and Machinery)
Associate Professor of Mechanical [Agricultural] Engineering
Name : Julius Kewir TANGKA
Date of Birth: February 4, 1965 in Kumbo, Bui Division North West Province.
Marital Status: Married Father of Five
Sex : Male
Address: Department of Agricultural Engineering, FASA University of Dschang
PO Box 373 Dschang, Cameroon, Africa . Tel Mobile : (237) 77 58 97 94
Tel Home : (237) 96 29 93 38 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site : http://www.juliustangka.org
A. EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
D. THESIS SUPERVISION (MSC)
· Ebale J. 2001 Engineering properties of raffia palm.
· Nguigum L. (2003). Design and fabrication of a horizontal axes wind turbine for the generation of electricity.
E. Awards and prizes
2006 UNIDO scholarship award for studies at the UNIDO International Centre for Solar Energy Research Gansu, China
2006 Netherlands Fellowship Program Award for studies at the Institute of Rural Development Planning Tanzania
2001 Netherlands Fellowship Programme Award for studies at the Maastricht School of Management/ University of Twente
1998 Israeli Government scholarship for studies at the Ben Gurion University of the Negev (Advanced Agro Technologies)
1986-92 Cameroon Government scholarship award for university education in Nigeria
based on academic performance at the G.C.E. Advanced Level results.
1979 Cash prize award of CFA 9000 Frs. based on first year academic performance at government High School Kumbo
1981 Cash prize award of CFA 9000frs. based on third year academic performance a at Government High School Kumbo.
F. Membership of Professional Organisations
Member- American Society of Agricultural And Biological Engineers ASABE
Member- International Organization for Biotechnology and Bioengineering http://www.iobbnet.org/
Partner - Methane to Markets organisation http://www.methanetomarkets.org/partners/network/pnmProfile.aspx?id=692
Member: JUICEDCA Canadian Association for Alternative Energy http://www.juiced.ca/
Partner - Global Village Energy Partnership http://www.gvepinternational.org/
2004 Member American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
2001 Elected member of council of the Cameroon Society of Engineers.
2000- Elected representative of lecturers of the Faculty of Agriculture and consequently, member of the University Administrative Council
1999 Secretary Cameroon Society of Engineers, Western Chapter
1995 President Nso students association University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
1992-93 President International Students Association (ISA) University of Ibadan,
1989 Vice President: National Union of Cameroon students. University of Ibadan
1985 Food Prefect Saint Augustine’s College Nso.
House Captain St. Agnes Dormitory; St. Augustine’s College ,Nso
Scientific Reviewer: -Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
-Journal of Applied Engineering in Agriculture
-Journal of the Cameroon Society of Engineers
-British Journal of Applied Science and Technology
Other Qualities: Professional Driving Licence for Heavy Duty machinery, Arc welder, machinist,
Hobbies : Tourism, Swimming, Photography, Chess, Scrabble
Languages : English and French
Computer Literacy : Repair and Maintenance Word processing (windows), Excel, Programming (FOTRAN).
1. John Furze. Holme Bygade 12. 8400 Ebeltoft Denmark. Tel +45 86 10 07 86 Cel: +45 23 39 20 86 E.Mail email@example.com
2. Dr Katte Valentine (237) 98364379. Higher Technical Teacher Training College, University of Bamenda E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Prof. Fonteh M F. Head Department of Agricultural Engineering, University of Dschang., Cameroon. Tel: (mob) 237 774 0863, fixed line 237 345 1701 fax: (237) 345 1932, e-mail: email@example.com
I. REFEREED Publications
2. Nsah-Ko Tchoumboué1., Tangka, J.K., Njila, R., Djoussé Kanouo, B.M., Sogang Signing, H.B., Womeni, H., Ndomou, S.C. (2018). Oil production and energy input from extraction of jatropha curcas l. : effect of seeds form, preheating temperature and applied pressure. The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES) Vol . 7 Issue 8 Ver. III|. Pages || PP 69-75 || 2018, ISSN (e): 2319 – 1813 ISSN (p): 23-19 – 1805 DOI:10.9790/1813-0708036975 www.theijes.com Page 69
4. Ngoya Bamagna, Tangka Julius Kewir, Dongmo Solefack Patrick Mao (2017) Solar resource and potential of photovoltaic electricity generation in Cameroon : PV GIS Approach Volume : VI, Issue : XII, December – 2017. DOI : 10.15373/22778179
5. Tangka JK , Fointama D, Viyoi C T, Shuufai Woo Ngairin (2014). Ground Water and Atmospheric Pollution in the Douala City of Cameroon: development of a pilot plant for waste water treatment coupled with methane capture from fibre glass reinforced decanter digesters. Paper presented at the TECH4DEV UNESCO international conference in Loussane Switzerland June 4 to 6 2014/
6. Tangka JK , Ketuma C T., Ajaga Viyoi C T, (2012). Modelling of the operation of a small generator set powered by scrubbed biogas from cow dung. British Journal Of Applied Science & Technology, Issn: 2231-0843,Vol.: 14, Issue.: 1
7. J.K. Tangka, P. Tchakoua , H. Fotsin Et A. Fomethe (2012). Development of an intelligent electronic module for energy management in wind/diesel backup and photovoltaic/diesel backup hybrid systems, British Journal Of Applied Science And Technology, 2 (3) Pp 275-295 Science Domain International
8. Berinyuy J. E., Tangka, J.K., Weka, F. G. (2012). Enhancing natural convection solar drying of high moisture vegetables with heat storage. Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, Vol 14, No 1 Pp 141-148.
9. Dongo, Patrice D., Tchitnga, Robert, Tchapga, Christian T., Tchamda, Andre R. Tangka, Julius Kewir, Fomethe, Anaclet. (2012). Design Simulation and Realization of an Intelligent Charge Controller (ICC) For Accumulators in Renewable Energy Power Stations. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation And Development. Vol 4 No 4 PP 36-54
10. Tangka J K, Berinyuy J E, Tekounegnin, Okale A N (2011) Physico-chemical properties of bio-ethanol gasoline blends and the qualitative effect of different blends on gasoline quality and engine performance. Journal Of Petroleum Technology And Alternative Fuels Vol. 2(3), Pp. 35–44, March 2011
11. J.K. Tangka, P. Tchakoua , H. Fotsin Et A. Fomethe (2010). Conception Et Realisation D’un Module Electronique De Controle De Charge Et De Gestion Optimale De L’energie Pour Systemes Energetiques Hybrides Eolien-Diesel, Photovoltaïque-Diesel Et Eolien-Photovoltaïque-Diesel (Meccgopseh). Revue Des Energies Renouvelables Vol. 13 N°4 (2010) 591 – 602
12. Tangka J K, Penda M P. (2007) Development and performance evaluation of a medium scale system for processing bitter leaf Vernonia. Biosystems Engineering, 96(2) 223-229 Silsoe Research Institute U.K
13. Tangka J K, Kamnag N E, (2006). Development of a simple intermittent absorption solar refrigeration system. International Journal of Low Carbon Technologies. Manchester University Press: 1748-1317 1 (2) Pp 127-138
14. Tangka J K (2006). Development of a simple machine for the processing of leaves of green plants. Agricultural Mechanisation ror Africa Asia and Latin America. Farm Machinery Industrial Research Corporation, Tokyo Japan 37(4)76-80
15. P. K Talla; Tekougnening; J K Tangka; Ebale; A Foudjet (2004). Statistical model of strength in compression of Raphia Vinifera L (Arecacea). Journal of Bamboo and Rattan Vol 3: 3 Pp 229-235. Leiden Universty Press, The Netherlands.
16. Tangka J. K (2003). Analysis of the thermal energy requirements for the extraction proteins from some green plants Biosystems Engineering. Vol 8, N° 4 Pp 473-47 Silsoe Research Institute U.K
17. Tangka J K ; Ndongo B; Onabid M. (2001). Raffia palm as a structural material in the grass land region of Cameroon . African Journal Of Building Materials. Vol. 5 N°1, Pp 10-18
18. Tangka J K, Fonteh M F, Berinyuy J E ( 2000) Agricultural Mechanisation In Cameroon: Constraints And Opportunities For Improvement. Journal Of The Cameroon Society Of Engineers Vol 9 Pp 46-49
19. Tangka J K Design And Development Of An Appropriate Technology Furnace For The Melting Of Cast Iron And Nonferous Metals In Cameroon. Journal Of The Cameroon Society Of Engineers. Vol 8 Pp 40-44
20. Berinyuy, J E, Tangka, J K, Weka, F G (1999). Potentials Of Solar Energy Utilisation In The Post Harvest Drying Of Vegetables And Other Commodities In Cameroon. Journal 0f the Cameron Society Of Engineers. Vol. 8, Pp 27-33
J. THESIS AND CONFERENCE PAPERS
Tangka J.K 2012 Micro wind turbines and biogas digester as off grid solution to electricity problems in Cameroon, the case of Bamzend village in the North West region of Cameroon. Paper presented at the Renewable Energy Conference, Nnsuka Nigeria>
Tangka JK (2009) Biogas digesters and micro wind turbines as an off grid solution to energy crises in Cameroon. The case of Bamdzeng village in the North West Province of Cameroon. Paper presented at the National Conference on Science and Technology. Hilton Hotel Yaounde Cameroon. Ministry of Scientific research Yaounde Cameroon.
Dane Bosev, Julius Tangka, Ivan Iyanchev (1998). Production of Maize in Arid and semi Arid zones using drought tolerant hybrids. Proceedings of the Ninth International course on Agriculture in arid and semi rid regions advance Agro technologies. Ben Gurion University of the Negev Israel
Tangka , J.K. (1995). A comparative analysis of the energy requirements for the extraction of leaf protein concentrate from the leaves of five Nigerian plant species. Ph.D thesis ;Department of Agricultural Engineering ,University of Ibadan ,Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991a) Design of leaf protein extraction machinery . MSc. thesis ;Department of Agricultural Engineering. University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991b)Relationship between Livestock business and environmental pollution of some areas of Ibadan City. Paper presented at the departmental seminar, Department of Agricultural Engineering University of Ibadan Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991c) . Feasibility study on commercial leaf protein concentrate production. Paper presented at the Departmental seminar ; Department of Food Technology , University of Ibadan.
Tangka , J.K (1991d) Raffia palm as a structural material in the North West Province of Cameroon. Paper presented at the departmental seminar , Department of Agricultural engineering University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K (1991).Design of a 25000 tons capacity Nigeria warehouse for strategic grain storage in the Nigeria. Paper presented at the departmental seminar ,Department of Agricultural engineering University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K (1989).Repairs and maintenance of cars and trucks.(Mercedes Benz , Honda , Renault and Mitsubishi ). A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at Leventis Motors Company, presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit, University of Ibadan;September , 1989 .
Tangka , J.K (1988). Assembly repairs and maintenance of heavy duty agricultural equipment.(CASE ,Ford, and DAVID BROWN) ..A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at Leventis Motors Company , and presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit , University of Ibadan.
Tangka , J.K (1987) Engineering craft. A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at FOBA Engineers Company Ltd. and presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit , University of Ibadan. September 1987.