Curriculum Vitae of Julius Kewir TANGKA (Ph.D)
Associate Professor of Agricultural Engineering (Energy and Machinery)
Member American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
Name : Julius Kewir TANGKA
Date of Birth: February 4, 1965 in Kumbo, Bui Division North West Province.
Marital Status: Married Father of Five
Sex : Male
Address: Department of Agricultural Engineering, University of Dschang
P O Box 373 Dschang, Cameroon, Africa . Tel Mobile : (237) 77 58 97 94
Tel Home : (237) 96 29 93 38 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site : http://www.juliustangka.org
A. EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
Comparative Study Of Different Solar Panels Negev Desert, Israel Dec. 2001 Israeli Government Scholarship
Israel 2012· Training On Renewable Energies As A Catalyst For Development (Arava Institute For Solar Energy, Negev Desert) Israeli government scholarship
· Solar Energy Applications China 2010- Sponsored by the Chinese government scholarship
D. THESIS SUPERVISION (MSC)
· Ebale J. 2001 Engineering properties of raffia palm.
· Nguigum L. (2003). Design and fabrication of a horizontal axes wind turbine for the generation of electricity.
E. Awards and prizes
1979 Cash prize award of CFA 9000 Frs. based on first year academic performance at government High School Kumbo
1981 Cash prize award of CFA 9000frs. based on third year academic performance a at Government High School Kumbo.
1986-92 Cameroon Government scholarship award for university education in Nigeria
based on academic performance at the G.C.E. Advanced Level results.
F. Membership of Professional Organisations
Member- American Society of Agricultural And Biological Engineers ASABE
Member- International Organization for Biotechnology and Bioengineering http://www.iobbnet.org/
Partner - Methane to Markets organisation http://www.methanetomarkets.org/partners/network/pnmProfile.aspx?id=692
Member: JUICEDCA Canadian Association for Alternative Energy http://www.juiced.ca/; member
Partner - Global Village Energy Partnership http://www.gvepinternational.org/ member
2004 Member American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
2001 Elected member of council of the Cameroon Society of Engineers.
2000- Elected representative of lecturers of the Faculty of Agriculture and consequently, member of the University Administrative Council
1999 Secretary Cameroon Society of Engineers, Western Chapter
1995 President Nso students association University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
1992-93 President International Students Association (ISA) University of Ibadan,
1989 Vice President: National Union of Cameroon students. University of Ibadan
1985 Food Prefect Saint Augustine’s College Nso.
House Captain St. Agnes Dormitory; St. Augustine’s College ,Nso
Scientific Reviewer: -Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
-Journal of Applied Engineering in Agriculture
-Journal of the Cameroon Society of Engineers
Other Qualities: Professional Driving Licence for Heavy Duty machinery, Arc welder, machinist,
Hobbies : Tourism, Swimming, Photography, Chess, Scrabble
Languages : English and French
Computer Literacy : Repair and Maintenance Word processing (windows), Excel, Programming (FOTRAN).
I. REFEREED Publications
1) J.K. Tangka, P. Tchakoua , H. Fotsin Et A. Fomethe (2012). Development of an intelligent electronic module for energy management in wind/diesel backup and photovoltaic/diesel backup hybrid systems, British Journal Of Applied Science And Technology, 2 (3) Pp 275-295 Science Domain International
2) Berinyuy J. E., Tangka, J.K., Weka, F. G. (2012). Enhancing natural convection solar drying of high moisture vegetables with heat storage. Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, Vol 14, No 1 Pp 141-148.
3) J K Tangka, Fointama D, Viyoi C T, Shuufai Woo Ngairin (2012). Ground Water And Atmospheric Pollution in the Douala City of Cameroon: development of a pilot plant for waste water treatment coupled with methane capture from fibre glass reinforced decanter digesters. British Journal Of Applied Science And Technology. In Press
4) Dongo, Patrice D., Tchitnga, Robert, Tchapga, Christian T., Tchamda, Andre R. Tangka, Julius Kewir, Fomethe, Anaclet. (2012). Design Simulation and Realization of an Intelligent Charge Controller (ICC) For Accumulators in Renewable Energy Power Stations. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation And Development. Vol 4 No 4 PP 36-54
5) Tangka J K, Berinyuy J E, Tekounegnin, Okale A N (2011) Physico-chemical properties of bio-ethanol gasoline blends and the qualitative effect of different blends on gasoline quality and engine performance. Journal Of Petroleum Technology And Alternative Fuels Vol. 2(3), Pp. 35–44, March 2011
6) J.K. Tangka, P. Tchakoua , H. Fotsin Et A. Fomethe (2010). Conception Et Realisation D’un Module Electronique De Controle De Charge Et De Gestion Optimale De L’energie Pour Systemes Energetiques Hybrides Eolien-Diesel, Photovoltaïque-Diesel Et Eolien-Photovoltaïque-Diesel (Meccgopseh). Revue Des Energies Renouvelables Vol. 13 N°4 (2010) 591 – 602
7) Tangka J K, Penda M P. (2007) Development and performance evaluation of a medium scale system for processing bitter leaf Vernonia. Biosystems Engineering, 96(2) 223-229 Silsoe Research Institute U.K
8) Tangka J K, Kamnag N E, (2006). Development of a simple intermittent absorption solar refrigeration system. International Journal of Low Carbon Technologies. Manchester University Press: 1748-1317 1 (2) Pp 127-138
9) Tangka J K (2006). Development of a simple machine for the processing of leaves of green plants. Agricultural Mechanisation ror Africa Asia and Latin America. Farm Machinery Industrial Research Corporation, Tokyo Japan 37(4)76-80
10) P. K Talla; Tekougnening; J K Tangka; Ebale; A Foudjet (2004). Statistical model of strength in compression of Raphia Vinifera L (Arecacea). Journal of Bamboo and Rattan Vol 3: 3 Pp 229-235. Leiden Universty Press, The Netherlands.
11) Tangka J. K (2003). Analysis of the thermal energy requirements for the extraction proteins from some green plants Biosystems Engineering. Vol 8, N° 4 Pp 473-47 Silsoe Research Institute U.K
12) Tangka J K ; Ndongo B; Onabid M. (2001). Raffia palm as a structural material in the grass land region of Cameroon . African Journal Of Building Materials. Vol. 5 N°1, Pp 10-18
13) Tangka J K, Fonteh M F, Berinyuy J E ( 2000) Agricultural Mechanisation In Cameroon: Constraints And Opportunities For Improvement. Journal Of The Cameroon Society Of Engineers Vol 9 Pp 46-49
14) Tangka J K Design And Development Of An Appropriate Technology Furnace For The Melting Of Cast Iron And Nonferous Metals In Cameroon. Journal Of The Cameroon Society Of Engineers. Vol 8 Pp 40-44
15) Berinyuy, J E, Tangka, J K, Weka, F G (1999). Potentials Of Solar Energy Utilisation In The Post Harvest Drying Of Vegetables And Other Commodities In Cameroon. Journal 0f the Cameron Society Of Engineers. Vol. 8, Pp 27-33
J. THESIS AND CONFERENCE PAPERS
Tangka JK (2009) Biogas digesters and micro wind turbines as an off grid solution to energy crises in Cameroon. The case of Bamdzeng village in the North West Province of Cameroon. Paper presented at the National Conference on Science and Technology. Hilton Hotel Yaounde Cameroon. Ministry of Scientific research Yaounde Cameroon.
Dane Bosev, Julius Tangka, Ivan Iyanchev (1998). Production of Maize in Arid and semi Arid zones using drought tolerant hybrids. Proceedings of the Ninth International course on Agriculture in arid and semi rid regions advance Agro technologies. Ben Gurion University of the Negev Israel
Tangka , J.K. (1995). A comparative analysis of the energy requirements for the extraction of leaf protein concentrate from the leaves of five Nigerian plant species. Ph.D thesis ;Department of Agricultural Engineering ,University of Ibadan ,Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991a) Design of leaf protein extraction machinery . MSc. thesis ;Department of Agricultural Engineering. University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991b)Relationship between Livestock business and environmental pollution of some areas of Ibadan City. Paper presented at the departmental seminar, Department of Agricultural Engineering University of Ibadan Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K. (1991c) . Feasibility study on commercial leaf protein concentrate production. Paper presented at the Departmental seminar ; Department of Food Technology , University of Ibadan.
Tangka , J.K (1991d) Raffia palm as a structural material in the North West Province of Cameroon. Paper presented at the departmental seminar , Department of Agricultural engineering University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K (1991).Design of a 25000 tons capacity Nigeria warehouse for strategic grain storage in the Nigeria. Paper presented at the departmental seminar ,Department of Agricultural engineering University of Ibadan , Nigeria.
Tangka , J.K (1989).Repairs and maintenance of cars and trucks.(Mercedes Benz , Honda , Renault and Mitsubishi ). A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at Leventis Motors Company, presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit, University of Ibadan;September , 1989 .
Tangka , J.K (1988). Assembly repairs and maintenance of heavy duty agricultural equipment.(CASE ,Ford, and DAVID BROWN) ..A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at Leventis Motors Company , and presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit , University of Ibadan.
Tangka , J.K (1987) Engineering craft. A report of the supervised industrial training program carried out at FOBA Engineers Company Ltd. and presented at the Industrial Co-ordination Unit , University of Ibadan. September 1987.